About Me

My photo
I'm 57 years old, working full time, wife, mother and grand mother, wishing that I wasn't working full time! I love and enjoy our children and grandchildren, our dogs and cat, our garden and allotment. I love crafts - knitting, sewing, crocheting, patchwork and restoring old furniture. I love to go to country auctions and love thinking that I've got my self a bargain!

Sunday 10 February 2013

Happy days to come........

 

 
Afternoon All,
 
One of the better things of being off work, on sick leave,  meant that I could go on the computer at 9 o'clock on Thursday morning and purchase a ticket to go and see Fleetwood Mac at the LG Arena in September. It's cost an arm and a leg for the ticket but sooooo worth it - I've loved Fleetwood Mac for years and who knows how many more times, that they will tour, (they're in their 60's now) so I took my chance, paid my money and that's it now...... I'm going to see them.
 
I've also recently  had a new car, it's a Toyota Cruiser (it's slightly higher and looks more robust than the old one, but it's not a gas guzzling 4 x4) , it's a proper motorway car and I feel so much safer manoeuvring through Junction 9 and 10 of the M6 every night!
 
Plus we were lucky with the Sun Holiday and we have a week (well Monday to Friday)  booked at the beginning of October, for St Agnes, in Cornwall - we've paid the extra money and upgraded the accommodation and we're taking Daisy and Tillie (our dogs with us) as they will be OK by then for going on the beaches in Cornwall. (Can't take dogs on some beaches in Cornwall until 1st October)
 
Plus I was looking on the Internet and found a beautiful little chalet in Hayle, which looks straight onto the beach and across St Ives Bay, for a full week in May. It was a reasonable cost and we managed to book it.
 
It's got a balcony, just built for whiling away the hours with a glass of wine in hand and a good book to read!  - we're already counting the weeks down to that one (13 weeks next Saturday!)
 
We also have some further good news (but I'll save that for another day)
 
Till then - here's Steve Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac singing a beautiful song
 




Byeee xxx

13 comments:

  1. Wow! What lovely treats! I received an email from O2 about Fleetwood Mac and was very tempted... until I saw the price! I know it's ages away but when you've been tell us all about it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will tell everyone about it thank you xxx

      Delete
  2. Thank you - I haven't told the hubby yet how much I paid - that one can wait! and will definately report back with how good it was xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am counting down the days until I go see Fleetwood Mac as I am sur e you will be LOL I feel like a teenager again,and why not.You have so many lovely things to look forward to enjoy then my friend.Love Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill - you can guess which CD I will be listening to going down the motorway in the morning! xxx

      Delete
  4. Plenty to look forward to Trudie.Its lovely to have things like that, it keeps us going to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right Anne - are you like me - I have 'count downs'to special occassions especially when I'm at work! xxx

      Delete
  5. I'm just dreaming of sitting on a balcony,reading a book ...occasionally looking up to sip my wine and watch the sea....aaaahh. PHOTOS PLEASE!!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do Jane - just sounds perfect doesn't it? xxx

      Delete
  6. I've booked to see Mama Mia in London and the new play with Rowan Atkinson for next month - I think this weather makes us want to have something to look forward to. I love Cornwall - lucky you!
    June
    PS I saw Fleetwood Mac when they were on tour for their Tusk album. They are a great group.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi June
    You will have to tell us all about Mama Mia, I love that film and the stage production is supposed to be brilliant too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just to say 'Hello' and welcome to my small,but perfectly formed, group of followers - feel free to comment any time! I also have a book blog, if you're interested.
    www.abookloversplace.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Trudie, sorry that you're on the sick, but being able to access internet is a definite bonus! Fleetwood Mac will be fab, as will your holidays ... how lovely!

    Thanks for popping over to me and for your interesting comments ... I've left a reply for you there xxx

    ReplyDelete