About Me

My photo
I'm 57 years old, working full time, wife, mother and grand mother, wishing that I wasn't working full time! I love and enjoy our children and grandchildren, our dogs and cat, our garden and allotment. I love crafts - knitting, sewing, crocheting, patchwork and restoring old furniture. I love to go to country auctions and love thinking that I've got my self a bargain!

Friday 20 July 2012

Greed minus Morals = Idiots!

Thank God the week is nearly over - it's been a long hard stressful week - 2 days of which have been spent in court, giving evidence regarding a customer who you really wouldn't want as a neighbour!

When the young gentleman in question was cross examined, what became more than evident was the fact that he had no self respect, no thought for anyone else but himself, that society and tax payers should do everything for him, why should he be expected to give up his cigarettes to pay his rent arrears? - isn't that what housing benefit is for? Oh and he also thought that we shouldn't be upset if he speaks to us with foul language,  aggressively in our face's - cause that's just how he is - he's not using bad language at us - it's just how he talks to people. ( Sorry it's still unacceptable!)

But what was much much worse was his defence barrister - what an absolute arrogant idiot, who had the cheek to try and make out that a) we're all liers, all buying into a conspiracy against his client (there was 20 of us in court to give evidence on his unacceptable behaviour) and b) that the majority of our customers speak to us this way and also live in extremely squalid conditions (like his client does) that we should just accept this behaviour as the norm and not challenge his poor defenceless client. I would say that the majority of our customer are clean, hard working respectable people, it's only the few, like his client, who cause us all the work.

Can anyone tell me how does this idiot sleep at night? - if you're a decent respectable person, then you have your own set of internal rules i.e. morals that you live by, this middle aged, well spoken, well educated man just can't possible have any morals -  if he can stand in a court of law, and defend this type of person against a group of hard working people and try to make out we're the liars.

I know some people will sell their soul for money and a 'lifestyle' but there has got to come a time when this man looks back at his life, and feel nothing but shame, because on the last 2 days performance he has nothing at all to feel proud about - how does he meet people and tell them that he spends his days defending this type of person.

Plus he was rubbish at his job - he came into court without reading our statements - he would then read a paragraph from out statement and ask a question, you would answer it and then he would stand there for another 2 mins and read the next paragraph and you would have to stand there and wait for the next question.

The judge lost it with him on a number of occasions and spoke to him like the absolute idiot that he was.

I went into the witness box determined that this idiot would not put me down - every time he tried I gave back as good as I got - and then got a mention in the judges summing up that I had given  good quality evidence and that I should not have been doubted by this idiot.

It just puzzles me how he lives with himself - his poor Mother must be so ashamed to say he's her son - because he really isn't anything to be proud of.

Till next time......... going to have a stiff drink tonight - I think I've earned it!

Byeee

2 comments:

  1. A sign of the times...so so sad. It seems that decent people are being trodden on by the dregs of society, and we are expected to sit back and take it fo fear of impingeing on 'human rights blah blah blah'
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Jane - I understand that he has a 'right' to a defence but it really shouldn't be at the expence of hard working colleagues being called liars - the best of it all was that it was us hard working colleagues who was paying this idiots wages through our taxes going to pay for his clients legal aid (don't start me on that one neither!) xxx

      Delete