About Me

My photo
I'm 57 years old, working full time, wife, mother and grand mother, wishing that I wasn't working full time! I love and enjoy our children and grandchildren, our dogs and cat, our garden and allotment. I love crafts - knitting, sewing, crocheting, patchwork and restoring old furniture. I love to go to country auctions and love thinking that I've got my self a bargain!

Sunday 22 July 2012

Is it here at last?.............

Do you think that summer's arrived at last?  it's certainly been like for summer for the last 2 days here so fingers crossed but it's come a bit too late now for the allotment. Oh well there's always next year.

Felt really tired yesterday so had an easy day and cut out the curtains for the bathroom and pieced them together (there's a drop and a half in each curtain) machined them and did the side and hem turnings - just got to hem them and they'll be ready for the linings to be attached.

I know that I've paid expensive for Laura Ashley material but it is so worth it - they have just fell together, you can't see the join at all and the corners mitred up perfectly. I did wonder about doing them with feeling so tired but it turned out to be quite relaxing and as I say so easy to do.

I've ordered a 20 metre roll of lining material off ebay which has only cost £28.00 so quite a bargain and they'll be enough there to do the kitchen curtains too.

The order from Farrow and Ball for the lamp room grey paint for the bathroom was delivered within 2 days - what a brilliant service and would definitely use it again.

Hubby has done half of the glossing in the bathroom and it is a classic colour - really nice, I have spent this afternoon painting a clothes basket with the 'pointing' white gloss  and I found an old mirror down the cellar, which I've painted the frame with the grey gloss. So it's slowly coming together.

I've only got one day in work this week and then 3 days having my grand daughters whilst my daughter is at work, Friday is for me and I will hopefully be putting the linings to the curtains.

Will you be watching the Olympics or not? I'll watch the opening ceremony and then that will be enough for me - I intend to get some sewing done whilst it's on every night - give me a gardening programme, or strictly come dancing any time.

Talking about gardening programmes - have you been watching Alan Titchmarsh's Love Your Garden? it's like DIY SOS but for gardens instead - he has created some fantastic gardens - no wonder he's the best TV gardener out there - Just wished the BBC would realise and get rid of the little shortie Monty Don  and his sidekick Carol Klien and bring back a 'worth' watching Gardeners World.

Oh well teas nearly done - hope you all have a good week

Byeee

1 comment:

  1. You have a good week aswell and don't do too much if you are feeling tired. You have been really busy. Will we get to see pics of your lovely bathroom when it's finished. We won't be watching the Olympics here either. I, too, prefer the gardening programmes.
    Please accept the 'One Lovely Blog Award' from me. Take care.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete